WE STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCTS AND OUR WORK
If you want the comfort of knowing your new windows and doors are protected by a great product warranty and the promise of America’s top window and door manufacturer, the choice is clear: Renewal by Andersen®.
Make the smart choice for your home by selecting Renewal by Andersen® replacement windows and doors. Contact us today for the best pricing on the best window.
RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN WINDOWS AND PATIO DOORS
RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN® PRODUCTS AND INSTALLATION TRANSFERRABLE LIMITED WARRANTY
UNITS INSTALLED AFTER MAY 1, 2016
Your Renewal by Andersen® products are warranted under a fully transferable limited warranty covering parts, labor and original installation services.
20 YEAR TRANSFERRABLE LIMITED WARRANTY ON GLASS
The glass in Renewal by Andersen® factory glazed windows (including high-performance Low-e4® glass, high-performance Low-e4® Sun glass, high-performance Low-e4® SmartSunTM glass, high-performance SmartSun glass with HeatLock® technology, patterned glass [includ- ing obscure, fern, reed and cascade designs]), FinelightTM grilles, divided light grilles and tempered versions of these glass options is warranted to be free from defects in manufacturing, materials and workmanship for twenty (20) years from the original installation date. It is also warranted not to develop, under normal conditions, any material change in appearance result- ing from manufacturing defects or as a result of premature failure of the glass or organic seal for twenty (20) years from the original installation date. This limited warranty on glass does not apply to special order glazings, art glass, insulated art glass, impact-resistant glass or glass that is not factory installed by Renewal by Andersen.
In the event a glass failure occurs as a result of a defect in manufacturing, materials or work- manship within the limited warranty period, Renewal by Andersen, at its option, will:  provide and install the appropriate replacement glass product or  provide a factory-authorized repair to the existing glass. Such replacement or repair is warranted for the remainder of the original limited warranty period.
20 Year Transferrable Limited Warranty on Fibrex® Material Components The Fibrex® material components of your Renewal by Andersen windows (including frame, sash, and exterior grilles) are warranted not to flake, rust, blister, peel, crack, pit or corrode and be free from defects in manufacturing, materials and workmanship for a period of twenty (20) years from the original installation date.
In the event a Fibrex material component fails as a result of a defect in manufacturing, materi- als or workmanship within the limited warranty period, Renewal by Andersen, at its option, will:  provide and install the appropriate replacement parts or  provide a factory-authorized repair to the existing product. Such replacement or repair is warranted for the remainder of the original limited warranty period.
10 Year Transferrable Limited Warranty on Components Other Than Glass The non-glass portions of your Renewal by Andersen windows (including non-electric oper- ators, locks, lifts, balance systems, hinges, handles, insect screens, weatherstripping, sash and frame members) are warranted to be free from defects in manufacturing, materials and workmanship for a period of ten (10) years from the original installation date.
In the event a component other than glass fails as a result of a defect in manufacturing, mate- rials or workmanship within the limited warranty period, Renewal by Andersen, at its option, will:  provide and install the appropriate replacement parts or  provide a factory-authorized
repair to the existing product. Such replacement or repair is warranted for the remainder of the original limited warranty period.
10 YEAR TRANSFERABLE LIMITED WARRANTY ON EXTERIOR COLOR FINISH
The color finish on the Fibrex® material exterior components (frame, sash, window sills and grilles) on Renewal by Andersen windows is warranted to be free from manufacturing defects resulting in color fade greater than 5 delta-e* measured in accordance with astm d2244 for a period of ten (10) years from the original installation date.
What is not covered by this exterior color finish warranty: weatherstripping, accessories and hardware, including insect screen frames, handles, trim sets and lock components, exterior trim profiles and exterior aluminum coil stock.
In the event there is a defect covered by this limited warranty for exterior color finish within the limited warranty period, Renewal by Andersen, at its option, will:  refinish the product – labor is included (the finish will be applied with standard commercial refinishing techniques and may not be the same finish as originally applied to the product) or  repair or replace the product. Such replacement parts or repairs are warranted for the remainder of the original limited warranty period.
Transferable Limited Warranty on Installation
Installation of your Renewal by Andersen windows or other Andersen window and/or door prod- ucts by an authorized Renewal by Andersen contractor is warranted for a period of two (2) years from the date of original installation. During this period, should your Renewal by Ander- sen window or door fail to perform according to our specifications due to improper original installation, we will bring the workmanship up to our professional standards, at no cost to you.
This limited warranty on installation does not extend to labor/services performed by anyone other than the original authorized installer or other authorized Renewal by Andersen contractor, nor to the installation or repair of any finishing or other materials that have been applied to or adjacent to the product after the initial installation.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. ALL WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS, BUT IN NO CASE WILL EXTEND BEYOND THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIODS SPECIFIED ABOVE. RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN EXCLUDES AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE. THE REMEDY OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT PROVIDED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
This Limited Warranty is only applicable in the U.S.A. (i.e. the fifty states and the District of Columbia) and Canada. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state or province. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitation of the duration of an implied warranty, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. If any specific term of this Limited Warranty is prohibited by any applicable law, it shall be null and void, but the remainder of this Limited Warranty shall remain in full force and effect.
What is Not covered by this Limited Warranty Speci c Additional Exclusions In addition to any other limitations or exclusions in this Limited Warranty, Renewal by Andersen shall have no obligation for product failure, damage or costs due to or related to the following:
- Product modifications or glass shading devices (e.g. glass tinting, security systems, improper painting or staining, insulated coverings, etc.)
- Failure due to the application of non Renewal by Andersen hardware (e.g. locksets, trim sets, hinges, panic hardware, closers, etc.)
- Water infiltration other than as a result of a defect in manufacturing, materials or workmanship
- Failure as a result of settling or structural failure of the structure in which the products are installed
- Condensation, other than as a result of a defect in manufacturing, materials or workmanship
- Improper maintenance, such as use of brick wash, razor blades, sealants, sanding or improper washing
- Failing to properly seal and maintain the exposed wood portions and veneer of a product in accordance to Renewal by Andersen painting or staining guidelines
- Fading of furniture, flooring, window coverings or other surrounding materials
- Chemicals or airborne pollutants, such as salt or acid rain
- Acts of God
- Normal wear and tear Additional items excluded from this limited warranty:
- Products not manufactured by Renewal by Andersen
- Installation services by other than authorized Renewal by Andersen installers
- Removal of Renewal by Andersen windows from the structure in which it was originally installed by anyone other than an authorized Renewal by Andersen installer
- The performance of the low-maintenance exterior glass coating on products with high-performance Low-e4® glass – performance will vary depending on environmental conditions
- Slight glass curvature, minor scratches or other imperfections in the glass that do not impair structural integrity or significantly obscure normal vision
- Rattling of grille bars within an air space
- Insects passing through or around the insect screen
- Tarnish or corrosion to hardware finishes
- Special glazings – contact us concerning the limited warranty on special glazings
- Art glass and decorative insulated art glass, impact-resistant glass
- Renewal by Andersen Series 2 windows and patio doors, Andersen® A-Series windows and doors, 400 Series and 200 Series windows and doors, 400 Series windows with Stormwatch® protection and impact-resistant glass, 100 Series windows and doors, storm doors, E-Series windows and doors, Silver Line® windows and doors, American Craftsman® windows and doors and Weiland® windows and doors have their own limited warranties and are not covered by this Limited Warranty – for information on warranty coverage for these products, please refer to the specific limited warranties for these products – they are available at andersenwindows.com
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, contact the nearest Renewal by Andersen® show- room, our Warranty Service Line at 800-441-1109 or visit our website at renewalbyandersen.com. We will contact you to investigate your claim within approximately two weeks after notification and arrange for appropriate action. Warranty services may be provided by Renewal by Andersen and/or an authorized Renewal by Andersen service provider.
- You can help us serve you faster by providing the following important information:
- The serial number of the affected product (e.g., located on a label affixed to the top or side of the window frame)
- Description of the product concerns
- Documentation of the purchase date, if available
Your name, address (with zip code) where product is installed and telephone numbers Non-Warranty Repair You will be responsible for all costs related to any repair that is not covered by this Limited Warranty or which is outside of the limited warranty period. When warranty coverage is unclear, Renewal by Andersen may charge an inspection fee for any on-site product inspections. If the inspector determines the Renewal by Andersen product has a defect covered by this Limited Warranty, the inspection fee will be waived.
*Technical measurement of color fade.